Cardiff is one of the most well-known cities for international students to study at an affordable living cost. One of the best benefits of pursuing higher education in Cardiff for international students is the availability of student part-time work opportunities, plus the student-friendly immigration laws in place.
There are many opportunities for student part-time jobs in Cardiff. The city is home to a number of large businesses and organizations, as well as a thriving retail and hospitality sector. Many students find work in these areas during their studies.
Cardiff is a great place to be a student. There are plenty of opportunities for part-time work, whether you’re looking for something in a shop, bar, or restaurant. The city center is full of places to work, and there are also plenty of options further out if you want to avoid the hustle and bustle.
In this article, You can usually find some part-time Jobs to suit your availability and skillset. Let’s see!
How Much Can a Student Earn in Cardiff?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it will depend on a number of different factors, including the student’s age, qualifications, and experience. However, we can provide some guidance on average earnings for students in Cardiff. According to the latest figures from the ONS (Office for National Statistics), the average weekly earnings for all employees in Cardiff was £528.
This figure includes full-time, part-time, and self-employed workers. When we look at just full-time employees, the average weekly earnings increase to £585. For students aged 16-17 who are working part-time, the minimum wage is £4.35 per hour.
Therefore, if a student worked 10 hours per week at this rate, they would earn £43.50 per week before tax and national insurance deductions. At 18-20 years of age, the minimum wage increases to £6.45 per hour, and 21-24-year-olds are entitled to earn at least £8.20 per hour. So, if a student worked 20 hours per week at these rates respectively, they would earn £129 and £164 before tax and national insurance deductions each week respectively – that’s almost three times more than what they could earn at 16-17 years of age!
Of course, many students will also be studying whilst working part-time and so their availability for work may be limited compared to other workers without such commitments.
What Part Time Jobs are Good for Students?
There are a few different types of part-time jobs that are generally good for students. These include jobs in the retail and customer service industries, as well as positions that require little to no experience. Retail and customer service jobs are often entry-level positions that can be relatively easy to obtain.
They also tend to offer flexible scheduling, which can be ideal for students who have classes or other commitments during the day. In addition, these kinds of jobs can provide valuable experience in dealing with the public and working as part of a team. Jobs that require little to no experience can also be a good option for students.
Many businesses are willing to train employees on the job, so this can be a great way to learn new skills while still earning money. These types of positions may include office work, data entry, or even simple manual labor tasks.
Which Part Time Job is Best for Students in Uk?
There are a number of part-time jobs that are well-suited for students in the UK. One option is to work as a teaching assistant in a school or college. This can be an excellent way to gain experience in the education sector, as well as earn some extra money.
Another option is to work in a retail setting, such as a shop or restaurant. This can be a great way to gain customer service skills and learn how to handle money. Finally, working as a barista or waiter/waitress can also be a good option, as it involves dealing with the public and providing good customer service.
What is the Best Job to Work As a Student?
There is no easy answer when it comes to finding the best job for students. It all depends on each student’s individual skills, interests, and goals. However, there are some jobs that tend to be better suited for students than others.
Here are a few examples:
1. Customer service representative – This type of job can be very flexible, which is ideal for students who have busy schedules. Additionally, many customer service positions do not require previous experience, making them relatively easy to get into.
2. Retail sales associate – Like customer service jobs, retail positions are often very flexible and can work around a student’s schedule. They also provide opportunities to earn commissions or bonuses, which can help pad a student’s income.
3. Tutor – If you’re knowledgeable in a certain subject area, tutoring can be a great way to make some extra money while helping others learn. There are many online tutoring platforms that make it easy to connect with potential students from anywhere in the world.
4. Freelance writer – If you have strong writing skills, you may be able to find work as a freelance writer. This type of work can be done remotely, so you can easily fit it into your schedule around classes and other commitments.
Part Time Jobs in Cardiff for International Students
If you’re an international student in Cardiff, you might be wondering what your options are for finding part-time work. Cardiff also provides many attractive student-friendly opportunities! Such as Scholarships, part-time jobs, etc. Here are some of the best places to look for part-time jobs in Cardiff:
1. The Student Job website is a great place to start your search. They have a wide range of part-time jobs available, from bar work to retail positions.
2. Another great option is Gumtree, which has a dedicated section for jobs in Cardiff. You can filter the results by type of job, location, and other keywords.
3. If you’re looking for something more specific, check out websites like Indeed or Reed, which list hundreds of different roles in the city center alone.
4. Finally, don’t forget to ask around! Talk to your fellow students and see if they know of any good opportunities. With a bit of effort, you’re sure to find the perfect part-time job in Cardiff!
Cardiff is the best place to study abroad for international students. Because the Cardiff government and many Universities offer attractive part-time job opportunities inside of campus or outside of campus. There are also a number of temporary and seasonal positions available in the city each year.
Are you a student in Cardiff? Are you looking for a part-time job? There are a lot of options available to you. Here are just a few of the many places where you can find work:
The Student Union – The Student Union is always looking for students to help out with various tasks, from manning the front desk to working at events.
Retail outlets – There are many retail outlets in Cardiff that are always keen to hire student workers.