Chennai is accredited globally for higher research education. It also offers many attractive part-time jobs inside of Campus or outside of campus.
There are a number of student part time jobs in Chennai. The most popular ones include working in restaurants, cafes, and retail stores. There are also opportunities to work as tutors or in customer service roles. In this article, we will discuss student part time jobs in Chennai.
Many students use their part time jobs to gain valuable work experience and earn some extra money.
Finding a part time job as a student can be a great way to earn some extra money and gain some work experience. Chennai is a great city for finding part time jobs, with many businesses and organisations looking for eager and hardworking students to fill various roles. Here are just a few of the many part time opportunities available for students in Chennai:
1) Retail worker – Whether it’s working in a clothing store, grocery store, or any other type of retail setting, being a retail worker is a great way to gain customer service experience. And since Chennai is home to many large shopping malls, there are plenty of options for those seeking this type of work.
2) Food service workers – Restaurants, cafes, and other food service establishments are always in need of good workers, especially during busy times like weekends and holidays. If you have an interest in the food industry, working in food service could be a great option for you.
3) Office assistant – Many businesses in Chennai are always looking for reliable office assistants to help with tasks like data entry, filing, photocopying, and more. This type of work usually doesn’t require much experience or qualifications, making it ideal for students who are just starting their job search.
4) Tutor – Are you good at maths or another academic subject? You could use your skills to tutor other students who need help with their studies. There are many private tutoring companies that operate in Chennai, so you should have no trouble finding work if you’re qualified.
5) Event helper – From weddings to concerts to corporate functions, there are always events happening in Chennai that need extra hands on deck. If you don’t mind getting your hands dirty and doing some physical labour (setting up chairs/tables etc.), working as an event helper can be fun and rewarding.
Which Part-Time Job is Best for Students?
There are many different types of part-time jobs that students can choose from. Some students may want a job that is related to their future career, while others may just want a job that pays well and doesn’t require too much work. Below are some of the most popular part-time jobs for students:
1. Retail Sales Associate: Many students choose to work in retail because it is an easy job to get and the hours are often flexible. Retail sales associates typically help customers find items, ring up purchases, and keep the store clean and organised.
This job is good for students who enjoy working with people and don’t mind being on their feet for long periods of time.
2. Server/Bartender Restaurant: Server/Bartender Restaurant jobs are also popular among students because they offer flexible hours and usually pay relatively well (especially if you receive tips).
Servers take orders, serve food and drinks, and handle payments. Bartenders mix drinks and sometimes also act as servers. Both of these positions can be fast-paced and require excellent customer service skills.
3. Tutor: If you’re good at a certain subject, you may be able to make some extra money by tutoring other students who need help in that area. Tutors typically meet with their students one-on-one or in small groups to provide guidance and answer questions.
This job is perfect for studious individuals who enjoy helping others learn new things.
How Can a Student Earn Part-Time?
One way a student can earn part-time is by becoming a tutor. A tutor can work with students in person or online to help them improve their grades in a particular subject.
Another way a student can earn part-time is by working at a retail store, such as a grocery store or clothing store.
Retail jobs typically involve working on weekends and during the evenings after school. Finally, another option for students who want to earn part-time is to participate in online surveys or sign up for paid focus groups. These opportunities allow students to share their opinions about products and services and earn money in the process.
What is the Easiest Part-Time Job for Students?
There are a few different types of part-time jobs that are popular among students. The most common and easiest to obtain is probably working in a retail setting. Many stores hire high school and college students to work a few hours a week, and the job usually doesn’t require much training or experience.
Another option is working as a server or host in a restaurant. This job can also be flexible with hours, and it’s often tips that make up the bulk of your pay, so you can earn more money if you provide good service. Finally, there are many opportunities for tutoring other students in your spare time.
If you excel in a particular subject, you can advertise your services online or through word-of-mouth to earn some extra cash.
What is the Best Job to Work As a Student?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on a number of factors, including what you are studying, your skills and interests, and your geographical location. However, there are a few jobs that tend to be popular among students. These include roles in the retail and hospitality industries, as well as positions that offer flexible working hours.
Here are a few of the best jobs to work as a student:
1. Retail worker: Working in retail can be a great way to earn some extra money while still having time for your studies. Many retail stores are happy to offer flexible working hours to accommodate students’ schedules, and you can often get discounts on products too. There are also many different types of roles available in retail, so you can find something that suits your skills and interests.
2. Hospitality worker: Like retail, hospitality is another industry that is usually very accommodating towards students. Whether you’re interested in working in a restaurant, bar or hotel, there are plenty of opportunities available. Hospitality work can also be quite varied – from serving customers to cleaning rooms – so you’re sure to find something that suits you. Plus, it’s a great way to meet new people from all over the world!
3. Tutor: If you’re looking for a job that will help you develop your academic skills further, then tutoring could be perfect for you.
You can use your knowledge to support other students who might be struggling with their studies or preparing for exams. This role also offers flexibility as you can often arrange lessons around your own timetable. And if you enjoy helping others learn, then tutoring can be extremely rewarding too!
In addition, here is a great list of the best jobs to work as a student in Chennai, India.
|Events Assistant||₹300 – ₹1,000 a day||Part-time|
|Sports Coach||Up to ₹30,000 a month||Full-time; Part-time|
|Soft Skills / Personality Development Trainer||₹4,00,000 – ₹5,00,000 a year||Part-time|
|Online music tutor||₹500 – ₹2,000 an hour||Part-time, Remote|
|Field Sales Executives||₹20,000 a month||Full-time; Part-time|
|Key Account Manager||₹5,00,000 – ₹10,00,000 a year||Full-time|
|Digital Marketing||₹2,00,000 – ₹3,00,000 a year||Full-time; Part-time|
|Content developer -UPSC Student||₹5,000 – ₹10,000 a month||Part-time|
|Telecaller||₹10,000 – ₹30,000 a month||Full-time; Part-time; Internship|
|Educational Consultant||₹9,294 – ₹43,160 a month||Full-time; Part-time|
|Full Stack Development trainer||₹10,000 – ₹20,000 a month||Full-time|
|Art Teacher – Female||₹1,26,000 – ₹1,80,000 a year||Regular / Permanent|
|English Language Teacher||₹7,000 – ₹8,500 a month||Part-time|
|Teacher of Science and maths||₹3,000 – ₹5,000 a month||Part-time|
|Payment Coordinator||₹3,00,000 – ₹4,00,000 a month||Full-time|
|PGT English||₹3,00,000 – ₹6,50,000 a year||Full-time; Part-time|
|Quality Trainee||₹6,000 – ₹8,000 a month||Part-time|
|Manager Admissions||From ₹20,000 a month||Full-time|
|Program Associate||₹10,000 – ₹15,000 a month||Full-time|
Weekend Part Time Jobs in Chennai for Students
Weekend part time jobs in Chennai for students can be a great way to earn some extra money. There are many different types of part time jobs available in Chennai, and students can choose the ones that best fit their skills and interests. Some popular options include working as a tutor, customer service representative, or sales associate.
With a little bit of research, students can find several great part time job opportunities in Chennai.
Finding a part-time job while you’re still in school can be a great way to earn some extra spending money. It can also help you gain valuable work experience that will come in handy after graduation. Are you a student in Chennai, India? There are a lot of part-time job opportunities available to you. Here are some fields of Jobs opportunities:
1. Retail sales associate: Many retail stores in Chennai are always looking for enthusiastic and customer-friendly sales associates. This is an ideal job for students because it doesn’t require too much commitment and the hours are flexible. Plus, you’ll get to interact with customers on a daily basis and learn important selling skills.
2. Food service worker: From restaurants to cafes to food stands, there are all sorts of food service establishments in Chennai that are always searching for new employees. Working in food service is a great way to meet new people and learn about different cultures. And, of course, you’ll get free meals!
3. Tutor: Do you excel in a particular subject? Why not share your knowledge by becoming a tutor? There is always high demand for tutors who can help students improve their grades and prepare for exams.